Lighthouse Vlieland in April 2005. It is the upper part of the former front light of Ijmuiden.
Since 1912 there were several side-buldings as observing room at the lighthouse. During World War II it was a observing point for the Germans.
It was damaged in 1944 through an English airplane. In 1988 the tower got a new lantern.
The lighthouse is open for public only in summer.
(works since 1909,
height of building 17 m, height of fire 54 m,
range of light white 20 sm,
characteristic [Iso W 4s] two seconds light - two seconds dark,
int. No.: B 0894)
coordinates (GPS) : 53°17'44.3''N - 05°03'29.6''E