Lighthouse Oud Kraggenburg in April 2005. It was built between 1877 and 1878 at a synthetic island at the end of the
navigation channel in the IJssel Sea. After the "landmaking" of the Nordostpolder it stands in middle
of land and had lost its signification. Up to today the old pier is visible (lower picture). The lighthouse stands on private ground, but there
is a bicycle path around the ground. It is a rarity for the Netherlands, that the light was built directly on the building of the lighthousekeeper.
(worked from 1878 till 1942, height of fire 11 m)
coordinates (GPS) : 52°39'10.9''N - 05°56'25.3''E