Lighthouse Kálfshamar (Kálfshamarsviti) in June 2008. It is located in the west of the
peninsula of Skagi in the north of Iceland and can to be reached, if one leaves the ring road near Blönduós
via the road 74 into northern direction. To Skagaströnd the road 74 leads as an asphalt road,
then the street goes on as 745 as a gravel road. Indeed, it is practicable with normal passenger car, but quite rough,
at least in the west part of the peninsula.
The lighthouse stands in a little recreation area with resting place, explanations to the historical specific
features of the place and with wonderful basalt columns.
(works since 1942, 1973 electrified, height of building 16.3 m, height of fire 21 m,
range of light white 15 sm - red 12 sm - green 12 sm,
characteristic [LFl (2) WRG 20s] two longer flashes every twenty seconds,
int. No.: L 4635)
coordinates (GPS): 66°01'01.9''N - 20°25'58.5''W