Lighthouse Siglunes (Siglunesviti) in June 2008. Unfortunately only a picture from a distance, because
the lighthouse is located on the tip of a peninsula in the east of Siglufjörður, which can only be reached by boat.
We took the photo from the road 75 shortly before the tunnel before the herring town of Siglufjörður.
At first the lighthouse was white with a red horizontal stripe, later it was painted yellow-orange.
In 1992 the lighthouse received solar cells.
(works since 1908, 1961 electrified, height of building 9.7 m, height of fire 51 m,
range of light white 12 sm,
characteristic [Fl W 7.5s] one flash every seven and a half seconds,
int. No.: L 4656)