Lighthouse Staberhuk on the island of Fehmarn in February 2001. Best way to come here
is a short walking-tour along the coast from the armypoint in the north (the lighthouse and
the estate can't be entered - like all lighthouses on the island of Fehmarn!). The lighthouse
was built after 1900, when a torpedo-boat of the German imperial navy stranded here.
Lighthouse Staberhuk from southeast. Easy to see, that the round tower is made of two kinds
of bricks. At first the lighthouse was built with yellow bricks. On the "weatherside"
these bricks couldn't resist the hard conditions and must be replaced by harder red bricks. The lower
picture was taken in December 2009.
(leading light, works since 1904,
height of tower 22 m, height of fire 25 m,
range of light white 18 sm -
green 14 sm, characteristic
[Oc (2) WG 16s] two occultations every sixteen seconds, 1928 electrified,
int. No.: C 1286)
[ (1s) - 3s - (1s) - 11s ]
coordinates (GPS) : 54°24'09.5''N - 11°18'40.2''E