Lighthouse Amrum on a foggy day (lower picture) in November 2004. There were only some moments without fog to
take pictures (upper one). The tower got its red-white painting only in 1952, before that it was brown.
Actually times to visit the lighthouse: on Wednesdays from 9.00 to 12.30 o'clock. No chances to
visit the lighthouse as a day-tourist. But the ferries from Dagebüll go also in winter regulary.
In the upper picture is also to be seen the rear light Amrum harbour in front of the big lighthouse.
It stands about 0.9 nm away from the front light.
(Lighthouse Amrum: lighthouse, works since January 1st 1875 -
from 1983 automated, height of tower 41 m, height of fire 63 m,
range of light white 23 sm,
characteristic [Fl W 7.5s] one flash (1 sec)
every 7.5 seconds, int. No.: B 1686)
coordinates (GPS): 54°37'54.2''N - 08°21'20.1''E
(Front light Amrum harbour: rear light, height of tower 5 m, height of fire 33 m,
range of light red 15 sm,
characteristic [Iso R 4s] two seconds light - two seconds dark,
int. No.: B 1685.1)
at a stamp from 2008.